This is my design team layout for Scrapology for the month of March. We are scraplifting one on my own designs, created for a class at Jill's Cardinal Colours Crop last September.
here is our sketch:
Here is what I used and what I did:
I used Bazzill in whirlpool, sherbet, orange crush, lime sherbet and ash.
I used two Basic Grey Serenade papers,
I gutted this sheet so I had a 2" border to play with, using it dotty side up so the dots show when I folded over the top corner and bottom edge, I used the remainder white side up to mount the photo and to cut my swirly fronds.
I cit the photo mount from the white side of the Bowler hat paper, using scallop edged scissors, making sure I had some of the lacy trim and leaves down the left side.
All the blossoms were from Wild Orchid Crafts.
In the top left corner I used a paper doily together with a chrysanthemum, two aqua roses and some rose leaves, I used a cherry blossom to hold down the fold together with two more leaves.
Along the folded back edge at the bottom of the page I added another cherry blossoms, two small roses and two sizes of rose leaves.
I added a wide light blue organza ribbon from Mei Flower, then added another large aqua rose and a leaf.
Using the Marianne Garden Flower Die I cut two from the dotty paper scraps. I added a few tiny flowers cut using the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Hydrangea punch.
Liquid pearls was used to add centres to all the punched flowers.
The Title was cut with a Quickutz alphabet from the Ash cardstock.
I loved this tree full of cute birds but they were very pale and i wanted to make a feature of them so....
... I got the Promarkers out and coloured in the branches and birds, I added more hydrangeas from the punch. Then I gave the birds a coat of Glossy Accents. I cut round the lower bird with a craft knife so it would sit over the ribbon.
Thanks for looking
Please go to Scrapology for details of the challenge and the prize.